Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Red Hot Poker

So I had lunch today at a favorite Chinese restaurant… no stranger to what I like, I ordered the Chicken Pad Thai (yes, I know that is NOT authentic Chinese cuisine) sans the MSG and salt (I haven’t worked out this hard to be taken down by a chicken dish) and was pleasantly surprised when we got to the fortune cookie portion of the meal… 
My fortune read – Strike While The Iron is Hot…  For the first time in a while I concurred with my fortune…
I think it is high time that we all strike while the iron is hot, cause who knows when that chance will come again.  For me, I wish sometimes I could go back in time and strike what is now just a very cool slab of metal. 
If I could, I would go back and seize opportunities I let slip away, say I’m sorry more to people, laugh more and above all else live more.  The paradox of course is, if we could do that would our lives be the same…  Can you imagine the ability to edit life, like I edit this post?  We would all be infallible – perfect – gleefully rewriting history…  But thankfully we can’t, because bumps, bruises and wounded egos are what makes us – well – us…
Underneath all the blather and stories that I write – I think you all are starting to sense the theme of this blog…   It's a little bit about redemption and it is definately about change... Most importantly this blog is about hope and renewal and forging ahead… 
I wake up every morning now, excited to move ahead more and relish the victories of this journey I am on. 
But in the spirit of this post, and not wanting to miss an instant, I want to thank you all as well for coming on the journey with me.  Together what would have been a lonely road is filled with the brightest and the best and mark my words – we will all make history…  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment