Monday, February 21, 2011

Dear Ground Hog...

MEMO

TO: Ground Hog

FR: Dave

RE: Forecast

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I thought we had an agreement... you forecasted an early spring.  So happy was I at that forecast, I took to the airwaves myself, at least on Facebook, and posted that I was keeping you to your word... Let's review, shall we, I said;
NOTE TO GROUND HOG: I am an animal lover and desperately want to believe your forecast for an early spring... However, with the current winter mess we are all dealing with - I would like to remind you that angry people like myself know where you live and will have no problem reminding you of your forecast, one way or another, should you be wrong... Just a little reminder.
Now I know you don't possess thumbs, so traversing the internet might be tough, but there is touch screen technology even my dog knows how to use...  He randomly calls people all the time...  considering you forecast the weather - a much more technical job - I highly recommend catching up with all the technological advances...  perhaps an Ipad?

To further jog your memory various people responded to to the post with equally telling comments;

"..animal lover also!!! I'll be right there with you !!!!!!!!!" 
 "Rumor has it the little rodent entered the witness relocation program shortly afte making his statement.", 

 "FYI my dog is an excellent rodent finder and while I've never been a violent person......I'll hold the fat thing down while you beat it ;-)"
So consider this your last warning...  I think I, like all my friends and family, have been more than reasonable.  We are willing to overlook this, shall we say, hiccup in your forecast, but NO MORE MY FRIEND...

I don't need to remind you, who we are, what we are and most importantly a majority of us come from the "heartland", New Jersey....  Think long and hard next time you predict the weather oh not so truthful rodent... and if I were you I would pray that not one more ounce of snows comes our way...

All the best,

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment