Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Warning of Words

"Words are birds with fragile wings and swords for lords and fearful kings"

So I think I am a little fed up tonight...  I'm not feeling my wry little self today... Now this is not a normal post of mine, and though I exercise great restrain on this blog... I figure I am allow to vent once in a while...

So everything you read here is boiled down to one common denominator... that is... everything is simply words...  These are well place and thought out words that elicit emotions and hopefully make all of you think, or laugh, or pause or something and that's that.... the goal is to make you feel...

I haven't been "feeling" in a while... the yet to be documented series of events that got me to this place, left me temporarily without the ability to "feel"...  Just know that I suffered major emotional traumas along the way....  but here I am, deciding that the best way to deal with my demons, is to expose them for all to see....  Crazy or stupid or brave - you can make your own choice...

You see I firmly believe we are put on this earth to be examples of what our collective potential is...  So truly, why not make lemonade out of lemons?  Is it so wrong to write about experiences and feelings.  It certainly has been done before...  My favorite book is the Great Gatsby, and I admire each and every word written in it - for its placement, thought and emotion... It is witnessing a great feat of literary architecture...  But I doubt F. Scott Fitzgerald worried about someone interpreting his book the wrong way...

If you see a truth in you or someone you know, because I have written something, that is simply your experience, and I hope its a good one... perhaps, if its bad, you need to know it is not even my intention... Several people have taken this to a greater level and have shall we say exposed themselves by making words personal that weren't even meant for them...  In fact, it is almost insulting that these people are so desperate to make themselves relevant that they dream up scenarios that force my words to try and fit their situations...  it isn't always about them - I'm sad to say...

This is a risky game I play and I gladly play it because I enjoy it and I hope I give back something to anyone who reads this - plain and simple...  I struggle with being heard all the time...  By writing things - at least in these situations - I feel I have a fighting chance...  Every response I get from you all, and there a lot of you, gives me encouragement...  

You know that several people have sent me messages really identifying with these words...  Whether its my struggles with my appearance, weight or emotions it is nice to know that I am not alone...  I am not trying to be the Lifetime movie of the week but I really love hearing back from you... I am honored that people are moved, sometimes angered but always respectful - at least most of the time - when they try to convey their experience with me.

I leave you with this, please know that I truly appreciate everyone who is taking this journey with me...  and while my posts have been sporadic this month - I am promising you bigger and better things to come...

THANK YOU ONE AND ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment