Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Higher ground - 10 days in review...

So I have been sick...  I think everyone can tell...  the blog here goes radio silent...  I had, twice might I add, whatever is going around - high fever for days followed by all these flu like symptoms...  it knocks you out for a while, me something like 7 days - that's like an eternity if you ask me....  but when you are bed ridden for days your mind tends to take you to higher ground...  moving your psyche away from the physical situations at hand and affords you the luxuary to watch, think and observe...  From a my lofty perch;

  • I have been amazed at what's going on in our world, nature's fury and man made problems all rolled up into a perfect storm of destruction.  I have watched people who have been left with nothing have more grace and dignity then people I know who have everything and then some...

  • I managed to rally when I needed it most and pull off something (we will explore it in a blog all by itself) that a small bunch of harpy-like nay sayers had me not able to do (and yes I was sick on top of it!) I want to thank them briefly for allowing me the opportunity to prove them wrong - again!  I guess people haven't learned I like a good challenge...

  • I saw incredible beauty at the New York Botanical Gardens Orchid show and was amazed by the magic of Mary Poppins (yes you heard me correctly).

So to all of you whom I own emails and return calls, please understand why its been so hard to get me of late....

I have a himbo update in the works, a true gym update as well and posts, lots of posts (what else do you do when you are forced to stay in bed all day?) so the blog is back up in earnest!


Finally, today - even if it is for a moment - please join me, like so many others in sending your thoughts and prayers to the people of Japan...

No comments:

Post a Comment