Saturday, March 19, 2011

Art and Life...

When was the last time you were moved by art?

More importantly, when was the last time you stopped and appreciated it?

We live in a world surrounded by art... and yet when was the last time you took the time, for yourself might I add, to experience it?


So I have the utmost repect for artists...  whether it is my friends in theatre, or my friends in other media...  The actual craft of what we do, is something that should be celebrated more...  This weekend I have had the pleasure of witnessing not one but two great artistic endeavors...

First off, please check out the link below.  Eric Enright is a talented artist, whose grasp of his media can make anyone appreciate it...  I encourage all of you out there to take a few minutes and look at his latest project...

http://www.365daysofprint.com/category/march-artist/eric-enright/

Secondly, I have never been so proud of my friend Maria Wheeler, till I saw her production last night...  Now, I knew Maria 15 years ago and when we last left her she played Velma Kelly in a production of Chicago, that truly was amazing, for a college troupe might I add...  Maria's love for her craft is evident and the fact that not only does she teach it, but fosters love for the art is something I find so admirable...  the link below is from our local paper and explains it far better than I do...

http://www.northjersey.com/news/117817778_Middle_school_students_are_ready_to_take_stage_in_musicals.html

Either way I hope you can take a few minutes and share in the joys of art this weekend...  To the Artists - Bravo to the Audience the same...  Please make art a smidge more of your life - it's worth it...

No comments:

Post a Comment