Sunday, March 6, 2011

Ides of March - Parano style

Hey there... miss me?

I know a few of you might wonder why I have been silent over the last few days...  Normally, since starting this a little over a month and a half ago, I have been pretty reliable when it comes to posts...  Adept friends, that you are, you might have sensed that major events have been taken place - hence my lack of usually verbal ferocity (LOL!) And if you have guessed that congratulations, you are correct...

You see, a major piece of the genesis of all of the changes in me challenged me this week...  You know, those intense moments before the finish line... the do or die moments... well one of them (there are 2, FYI) decided to have me face-it-off with the yet described incidents that drive my writing...  and while I know it seems very cloak and dagger of me to keep this so close to the vest - please trust me when I say stay tuned, because the payoff will be greater for all of us...

I am amazed at how people react... I mean people that you know for years, that represent major pieces of your life, tend to become your greatest adversaries when left unchecked...  or challenged...  or both...  Not to say that you can't exhibit frustration or even anger but really what is the purpose of those emotions if they prohibit you from functioning to get through a rough patch...  I find it illogical (I know how Spock of me)

I am a fixer, I have been all my life...  For whatever reason, I am always prepared to handle crisis...  And sometimes I find myself moving into the middle of one - because I guess I know I can handle it...  Now that may sound great or noble, but let me give you an inside tip...  its not...  A lot of my day sometimes is spent prepping for those "in case of emergency" moments... and while I am lucky that I can divorce my emotions from the situation at hand, I am also paying the price by constantly being on guard and ready... its exhausting...

Without going into detail, let's just say that I had to call up all of my reserves this week and basically only functioned in the problem that I was facing...  I have not done that in quite a long time...  All energy that I could give it, I did and I am proud that I always have a plan B... and so now I'm working on plan B and a plan B for plan B (you see where this gets tricky?)

Anyhow, I believe my writing will be coming back in earnest very shortly - a preview includes another foray into the elusive world of himbos and some mayhem of cosmic portions...

Stay tuned

D

 

No comments:

Post a Comment