Saturday, January 22, 2011

Somewhat signs of intelligent life...

Or at least what I've learned from organizing clean products...

So where ever you live... I am willing to bet there is that one place where you look, it could be your clothes closet, your medicine cabinet, your kitchen cabinet or that oh so famous junk drawer...  where your life is shall we say a little less organized than we are conditioned to be.  You have all good intentions, but like our emotions, you have enough trouble getting by - let alone deal with that particular issue.

So today, after a somewhat unpleasant conversation, I decided that it was time to organize, more my life than cleaning products, but hey you gotta start somewhere...  Sometimes the best and worst catalyst in life is anger - and I am sure I'm not alone here when I say - getting your teeth kicked in is unpleasant but a motivator...

I have to say that for a long time now, I never realized how asleep at the switch I was - or more importantly how trying to please other people and putting myself last would have such awful effects later in life.  The nobility of those gestures, especially when you are the one who is constantly accommodating, gets lost in time and you are left feeling worse then when you "took one for the team."

I have always hated how my kitchen cabinets looked on the interior.  Nothing but a sea of unorganized mess - everything thrown together with no grand scheme - things tossed out of sight like so many feelings we all just shut away.  I realized after a party I had, how little space I had left in my kitchen and well I thought I just had to much stuff.  Upon further examination, it seems the stuff that was clogging everything had no business being in the kitchen at all - it was just tossed there - a temporal patch - to get by.  Don't we all do that with our feelings too?

Now, I am not one to say that we have to experience ever feeling with a complete and total sense of completion.  Nor am I saying that we have to deal with everything right away, but if you don't take stock - sometimes those emotions, or Lysol in my cabinet's case, seem to elude and escape you until you have to forcibly go find them.

The clutter in my life - is a series or random emotions that inhabit the wrong places.  It's not that they are wrong or bad or undeserved - they simply got tossed away in a sorta mental catch all the has been clogged for a long time with these snippets of "stuff."

As you can kinda guess, I have been rebuilding myself - from the ground up and now kids we are at the scary stuff, rebuilding my interior.  So what better way to experiment then with real world applications - or at least apply the sample principals to something representative.

Proudly, I found a spot where all the wrong "stuff" in my kitchen cabinet could go.  I found proper receptacles and even tiled the floor where I was going to put the dreaded cleaning supplies.  Within minutes I immediately felt better as my cabinets were uncluttered, my cleaning supplies put away and organized and I moved some of my emotions and a very heavy bottle of Pledge into their right spots.  Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment